- Multiplayer friendly flashing pattern using headlights
- Uses LFS built-in slow (wail) and fast (yelp) sirens
- Also supports Horn4 (bullhorn) & Horn5 (piercer)
- All siren/horn functions are operated by a single button. Optional dedicated bullhorn button.
- Full controller support.
Multiple keyboard/mouse/controller buttons/POVs can be bound to functions. (Currently limited to 10 per function).
Use the command
/o tcl config in-game to change/add to controls.
- Flashing Lights
- Left Indicator
- Right Indicator
- Full Indicator Support. No need for indicator scripts anymore!
- Multiple control modes for sirens
- Multiple Lights/Siren behaviours for different server roles
In-game Config UI
Use the command
/o tcl config in-game to load the menus.
Small, simple HUD showing current TC Lights activity:
Click the TCLights logo to open config (saves typing the command)
- Thanks to the new features in LFS 0.6N, TCLights cannot interfere with text input!
Download & Installation
Download TC Lights v2.2
Unzip TCLights.exe to your LFS folder
Updated Siren Pack
Optionally, but highly recommended:
Download our siren pack, designed for TCLights v2
See the Downloads page for alternatives.
How to Use
Use the command
/o tcl config in-game to configure controls, modes & options.
Flashing lights are toggled on and off by pressing the Lights key.
Indicators and Hazard lights can be used at any time using their respective keys.
- Press the key again to cancel.
- If Use Hazards with Flashing Lights option is enabled, indicators will override the flashing hazards pattern untill cancelled.
Headlights are toggled by pressing the Headlights key.
- If headlights were on when flashing lights are activated, they will remain on after flashing lights are deactivated, provided [TC] Lights was originally used to turn the headlights on.
The different siren sounds are triggered by combinations of the following presses of the siren key:
- Tap (short press): A normal press of the button.
- Long press: Press the button for more than ~200ms.
- Hold: Press and hold the button.
- Double-tap: Two short presses of the key close together.
- Double (tap then long press): A tap followed by a long press close together.
There are multiple modes with different behaviours.
- Auto: Automatically uses one of the below modes depending on your nickname.
- Emergency: Full flashing lights & sirens.
- TOW: No sirens, "Use Hazards in light pattern" is enforced.
- Race/Civilian: No flashing lights/sirens. Standard lights only.
Siren Behaviour in Emergency Modes
In all Emergency modes:
- Tap to turn siren on.
- Double-tap to turn siren off.
- When siren is on, tap to change to the next siren in the main cycle.
- When siren is off, hold to sound the standard horn
- When piercer is active:
- Tap to switch back to a normal siren
- The piercer will be automatically disabled after 5 seconds
- Wail↔Yelp Cycle (1-key, Default): Hold for bullhorn. Double (short -> long) for piercer. (Same as TCLights v2.0)
- Wail↔Yelp Cycle + BullHorn A (2-key): Dedicated bullhorn key, hold siren for piercer
- Wail↔Yelp Cycle + BullHorn B (2-key): Dedicated bullhorn key, tap->long-press siren for piercer
- Wail→Yelp→Piercer Cycle (1-key): Piercer in main cycle. Hold siren for bullhorn
- Wail→Yelp→Piercer Cycle + Bullhorn (2-key): Piercer in main cycle. Dedicated bullhorn key
Use Hazards with Flashing Lights:
If enabled, hazard lights will be used as part of the flashing lights pattern, synced with the headlights. Indicators will override hazards until you turn them off, so you can make others aware of your intentions.
Flash faster for Yelp siren:
If the Yelp (fast) siren is running, the lights will flash at double speed.
Turn on lights with siren:
Flashing lights will be enabled when you turn on the siren. Lights *will not* turn off when siren is turned off.
Flash Headlights with Horn:
If flashing lights and headlights are off, "Flash" (high beam) will be on whenever horn or bullhorn is pressed.
Bullhorn interrupts siren:
Bullhorn will turn off main siren when active (always has to override piercer, regardless of this setting)
Ignore controls when in text entry dialogs:
TCLights will ignore all controller input whenever LFS reports that a text entry dialog is open - mostly useful when using keyboard button binds.
Allow input when LFS window is inactive:
Allows TCLights to be used when LFS' similar option is enabled and LFS is not in focus.
Small, simple HUD showing current TC Lights activity
Post your comments on the TCLights v2 forum thread.
This program is designed for LFS 0.6N and later.
It will not work properly with earlier versions (Use TCLights v0.6 instead)
Written by Degats